AutoDMG 1.4 is here, and with its release I consider it feature complete: it now supports every feature that InstaDMG has. The last missing piece of the puzzle was BaseOS caching, but instead of just copying the feature I have a slightly more generalized take on it. You can now use a previously generated image as the source, allowing you to update images as needed or cache them at any point. You’ll find the details in the wiki.
Changes in 1.4:
- Support for using previously generated images as sources.
- Added Advanced Options window for setting the volume’s name and size.
- Drag & drop apps can be added to additional software, and will be copied to /Applications.
- Apps and packages can be wrapped in a dmg.
- You can now load and save of templates from the GUI.
- The template used to build the image is saved to /var/log inside the image for future reference.
- Improved error handling should allow saving of the log if the app crashes.
Cached image as source, advanced options, drag & drop app, pkg in dmg, and new crash handler