I had a deadline set for the release of Ultima IV Remastered, which really helped me finish the project. Unfortunately it also meant that I had to release it with a few known bugs, and, as it turns out, a few unknown bugs too.
A big thank you to all who sent me bug reports and posted feedback, keep it coming!
What’s New in v2.1
- Saving to EasyFlash cartridges that don’t use Am29F040 chips (including Chameleon) now works.
- Exit solo mode if character leaves combat.
- Don’t spawn a ship when pressing B while standing on a ladder in a dungeon.
- Joshua courage -> canrage typo.
- Fixed east/west start positions in Destard rooms on level 8.
- Removed glitch when attacking sick people in townes.
- Play correct music after dying and being resurrected by Lord British.
- Fixed wind status after loading a game in a dungeon and then exiting.
- Clarified the recommendation for emulator users when flipping d64s.
- Proper error message in editor if no savegame is found in cartridge.
You can download the game from its CSDb entry: Ultima IV Remastered v2.2.1.
- If you’re playing the 1541 version and answer a question wrong during the ending the game is supposed to throw you out to Britannia, but instead it hangs. Play the 1571, 1581, or EasyFlash version instead to avoid this issue, or just make sure you get all the answers right.
- The crack intro is out of sync and glitches a bit on NTSC, but should otherwise work fine.